Last updated: July 2018
Aucklife is committed to respecting the privacy and security of information received from User(s) of our website. We have prepared this Privacy and Data Policy to ensure that we communicate to Users, in the clearest way possible, how we collect, use, disclose or transfer personal information supplied by Users or collected by us and the ways in which Users can protect their privacy.
By using our products and/or services, or accessing our website, Users agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this Privacy and Data Policy and agree that we may process (i.e. collect, use, store, transfer and disclose) User’s personal information in accordance with this Privacy and Data Policy (as well as for any other use authorised by the User).
Our Privacy and Data Policy explains:
- What information we collect and how;
- How we use personal information;
- Who we share personal information with and why;
- The steps taken to protect personal information under our control;
- Links and connections to third party services;
- How we retain and delete personal information;
- Choices available to Users regarding collection, use, transfer and disclosure of personal information;
- How to access and update personal information; and
- How to contact us.
1. Information We Collect
There are three ways we collect information:
a) Information Users give us.
b) Information we collect when Users use our products and/or services.
c) Information we collect from third parties.
a. Information Users Give Us
In order to use our products and/or services, a User must provide us with certain contact and personal information including name, address, phone number, email address, and (if applicable) company information. Users may also at times provide financial and/or billing information.
Users may also provide us with information when they:
- Create User accounts and logins;
- Request, browse or interact with our products and services;
- Complete or participate in any of our surveys, prize draws or giveaways;
- Subscribe to receive the latest news on our services; or
- Contact us and/or our support team.
Users can always choose not to provide us with personal information. However, this may mean that we are unable to supply our products and/or services.
b. Information We Collect from Use of Our Services
In order to provide our products and services, we may need to access information and data stored on users’ servers (“User content”). This User content may be provided by the User, us or our supply partners, business partners and/or service providers.
The confidentiality and security of User content is a fundamental priority for us. While User content may be transferred / disclosed for the purposes of providing the products and/or services, User content will be stored separately, and will not be accessed, used or disclosed by us except for the purposes of providing, monitoring or managing the products and/or services, in which case we will limit our interaction with User content to a minimum.
All Other Products and Services
We may automatically collect information (which may include personal information) when Users interact with or use our products and/or services by visiting our website. This information may include:
- Usage information: we collect information about how Users and their system environment interact with our products and services. Information that may be collected include:
- Information relating to the features you use or the products you add to your User account;
- The performance of the products and services and any problems experienced by Users;
- The pages that you visit on our website;
- Website content accessed by you;
- Length of your stay on a specific page; and
- Browser information.
- Location: when Users use our products and/or services (including our website), we may collect and process information about the User’s location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP addresses.
- Interest-based advertising (IBA): IBA allows us to deliver targeted advertising to Users of our products and services. IBA works by showing you advertisements that are based on the type of content you access or read. For example, as you browse our products / services, one of the cookies placed on your device will be an advertising cookie so we can better understand what sort of pages or content you are interested in. The information collected about your device enables us to group you with other devices that have shown similar interests. We can then display advertising to categories of Users that is based on common interests.
c) Information We Collect from Third Parties
We work closely with third parties (for example, our supply partners, other business partners and service providers) in order to be able to develop our products and services, and provide them to users.
We may receive the same kinds of information described in (a) and (b) above from third parties.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information in order to be able to provide and improve our products and services.
We also use personal information to:
- Communicate, interact and build our relationship with Users, including to better understand User needs and interests, and ensure a quality experience for Users;
- Monitor, develop or optimise the performance of our products and services;
- Provide information and technical support;
- Carry out payment administration;
- Market and make recommendations on our products and services;
- Conduct, manage, develop and protect our business;
- Comply with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions;
- Allow our partners and advertisers to market and make recommendations to you, based on your areas of interest;
- Verify User identities and prevent fraud or other unauthorised or illegal activity;
- Enforce our terms of service or other usage policies; and
- Enable third parties to provide services to us.
3. Who we share Information with
We share information, including personal information, as necessary to provide Users with the products and/or services requested or authorised. For example, we may share information with:
- Banks and other entities (including our service providers) which process payment transactions when a payment is made;
- Our partners and advertisers to provide tailored product information and advertising that we believe may be relevant to you;
- Our service providers or suppliers acting and working on our behalf. For example, companies we have hired to assist in protecting and securing our systems and services, or in running our surveys or prize draws, may need access to personal information to provide those services.
- Other business partners for the purpose of providing our products and services to Users;
- A purchaser, as part of a corporate transaction such as an acquisition, merger or sale of assets;
- To other third parties, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- Protect our Users;
- Operate and maintain the security of our products and services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks;
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud; or
- Protect our rights and property, including enforcing our terms.
While we provide third parties (such as our service providers and business partners) with no more information than is necessary to perform the function for which we engaged them, Users should be aware that any information provided to these third parties independently/directly is subject to the third parties’ respective privacy policies and practices.
We may also share or use non-personal information (i.e. information that is related to an individual but does not personally identify that individual such as aggregated, anonymised or de-identified data) publically or with third parties, such as our partners or advertisers. For example, we may share or use information publically to show trends about the general use of our products and services. This data or information will in no way identify users or any other individual.
4. Steps Taken to Protect personal Information
Protecting the security of User personal information is of the utmost importance to us. We maintain a variety of organisational, technical and physical safeguards and procedures in order to protect personal information from unauthorised access, use, interference, modification or disclosure.
For example, your personal information is kept securely in our database. Your personal information will only be accessed by people at Aucklife who need to use the information for the purposes discussed above.
Some of our products and services do however require use of the internet, and the internet is not itself a secure environment. We therefore cannot give an absolute assurance or guarantee that User information will be secure at all times. Transmission of information over the internet or third-party networks is at the User’s own risk. We will notify Users at the first reasonable opportunity if we discover or are advised of a material security breach which has resulted in unauthorised access, disclosure or loss of User personal information.
To help maintain the security of information, Users agree to keep their passwords and account details private and confidential.
5. Links and Connections to THIRD Party Services
Our website contains links to and may be used by you in conjunction with third-party services, tools, and websites that are not controlled or managed by us. The privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by the parties’ own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to these third-party services.
6. Retention and deletion of personal Information
The period of time for which we continue to hold any other personal information which we have collected varies according to what the personal information is used or required for. Unless there is a legal requirement or justification for us to keep the personal information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary:
- To provide the products and/or services requested by the User;
- As part of our usual business record-keeping practices;
- To fulfil the purpose(s) for which the personal information was originally collected; or
- For any other purpose(s) authorised by the User.
Once personal information is no longer required, the personal information will be deleted or securely destroyed.
7. Choices available to users for the collection, use, transfer and disclosure of personal information
Users may, at any time, object to the collection, use, transfer or disclosure of personal information as described in this Privacy and Data Policy, including:
- The collection of personal information from third parties;
- The collection of sensitive information;
- The disclosure of personal information to third parties; or
- The processing of personal information in a particular way, or for a particular purpose.
Provided the information is not required for legal reasons, Users may also request that all personal information held by us (or shared with third parties) in relation to that User is deleted.
All requests or objections should be sent to us at email@example.com. Because User choices in relation to personal information may affect our ability to provide our products and/or services, or the performance of the products /services, we will contact Users as soon as possible to discuss the impact of the User’s requests or objections on the products / services, any other issues arising and to confirm the User’s intention to proceed.
We will endeavour to include “unsubscribe” functions in any direct marketing communications sent to Users, or alternatively, Users may revoke their consent by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Accessing and Updating User Personal Information
Users are responsible for ensuring that personal information provided to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. This includes personal or sensitive information contained in their User content. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information that we collect (i.e. information obtained from other sources) is accurate, up-to-date, complete and not misleading.
We endeavour to provide Users with reasonable access to personal information we hold about Users, and Users may request that we update, correct or delete any personal information that is inaccurate or inappropriate for the purposes for which it was collected.
Requests for access to or the correction of personal information should be emailed to email@example.com.
We will process requests as soon as reasonably practicable, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so by law. If we are unable to meet a User’s request, we will explain the reasons why. For example, the information may not be readily retrievable and it may not be reasonable or practicable for us to process the request in the manner requested. In some instances, it may also be necessary for us to arrange access to User personal information through a third party (for example, our service providers and supply partners).
9. How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy and Data Policy, if you wish to access, update and/or correct personal information, or if you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we, our service providers or our partners treat your personal information.
Users may write to us by email, including any supporting documentation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
PO Box 9301
We will endeavour to respond to your questions within 30 days.
Application of this Privacy and Data Policy
Our Privacy and Data Policy applies to all the products and services offered by us. Our Privacy and Data Policy does not cover the information practices of other companies and organisations (such as our partners or advertisers) that supply, contract and advertise using our website.
Changes to this Privacy and Data Policy
We recommend that Users regularly review this privacy statement to learn how we protect personal information.
In this Policy, unless the context requires otherwise:
person: means and includes any natural person, company, corporation, firm, partnership, joint venture, society, organisation or other group or association of persons (whether incorporated or not), trust, state or agency of state, statutory or regulatory body, local authority, government or governmental or semi-governmental body or agency (in each case whether or not having separate legal personality);
personal information: means information about an identifiable individual and includes, without limitation, names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and IP addresses;
User(s): means all persons accessing our website and/or using the products and/or services (including any part of the products and/or services), including persons that load and/or manage content on our website or that receive or subscribe for any other paid products and/or services;
User account: means any User’s account with us;
we, us and our: means Aucklife.